POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : using 3DWin include files ?? : Re: using 3DWin include files ?? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 04:18:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: using 3DWin include files ??
From: MR
Date: 26 Sep 2001 12:56:32
Message: <3bb208c0@news.povray.org>
thanks trevor and gilles!

after reading your directions, i got the distinct impression that
the 3DWin that you were talking about was not the same one
i was using.  i was using an ancient 3.5 version.

i downloaded the 4.7e version and followed the directions you
gave me and the bee rendered, so i tried the bridget 3ds.  it
worked too, but they both come out plain gray.  is this because
of the limitations of the unregistered version?  i noticed the docs
said that image maps and materials were disabled, but i was
sorta surprised that there was no colors either, other than shades
of grey.

thank you, miker